I was in Taipei for two weeks beginning of the year to attend my grandma's funeral. While that is not a happy event, it did bring together my family which is spread out over three very-far-apart cities (New York, Vancouver, Shanghai) and that was a good thing. Here's a whole load of photos from those two weeks.
I have decided not to put up shots from the funeral itself because while I don't think so, some may find those in bad taste (or at least depressing). Changed my mind.
Friends & Family in Taipei [ 76 photos ]
These are some of my favorite shots from the set:
- Dad, grandpa and uncle walking
- Yuyang avoiding the paparazzi
- Ma chatting with grandpa
- My parents and Yutai looking for our old apartment
- Ma cooking
Incidentally, from mid-September to mid-January, between all the trips I was taking, I actually spent three more days in Taipei then I did at home in New York. Just FYI, not that you asked.
[Update: 嘉嘉說上面那張很像《無間道》... 你說呢? 哈哈]
Four of my Gropius House photos have been published in a new book by Taschen titled simply Gropius. It's from their Basic Art Series and lists for US$9.99 (buy it from Amazon). It's a 96-page soft-cover book introducing Walter Gropius and his most important works. It may not be one of Taschen's fancier volumes, but it's comprehensive and has lots of photographs (some quite good). These are the four shots of mine featured in the book:
- View from garden: on page 74, full page picture
- View from southwest: on page 76, half page picture
- Front side: on page 77, small picture
- South side of the house with the terrace over the living space: on page 79, small picture